I guess an About Me page should contain some kind of random sampling of who I am, right? Well, think again!
[commence evil laugh]
Take that, bitches!
… Okay, okay, stop crying. Geez. I’ll write something, all right?
September 11, 1988 in Amsterdam, Netherlands
October 12, 2073, according to one of those crappy prediction websites. Since 85 years old is above European life expectancy, I shouldn’t complain.
Loyal subject of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Lang leve de Koningin!
Places of residence
- 1988–1991: Almere Buiten;
- 1991–2001: Dronten (hometown);
- 2002–2007: Creil (hometown);
- 2007–2008: Groningen;
- 2008–2008: Creil;
- 2008–2008: Almere;
- 2008–present: Almere Buiten.
50/50 Netherlands Dutch (Zwolle/Amsterdam) and Dutch Surinam Creole (Paramaribo). Half-bloods rule the world!
- M.A. “Literatures in English” at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (currently enrolled-in);
- B.A. “English Literature” at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (graduated);
- B.A. “Sociology of the Arts” at the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (1 year only);
- Higher education: B.B.A. “Management, Economics and Law” at Windesheim Christian University of Applied Sciences in Zwolle (propedeuse only);
- High school: “HAVO (E&M)” from Zuyderzee College in Emmeloord.
I wasn’t brought up in a very religious family, thankfully. However, since my father’s family is Roman Catholic, the fact that I was baptised at a Roman Catholic church, and that I attended a Roman Catholic primary school, I considered myself a Roman Catholic for the first decade of my life.
None; for I am a proud and outspoken atheist.
In the past I have marked myself with the adjective “Humanistic,” but I don’t really consider myself to be a Humanist. I don’t want to replace a religion with another one.
If I had been a religious man, I would most certainly be a Roman Catholic.
Growing up with those traditions and being indoctrinated with the belief that the Roman Catholic Church is “the only holy church of God,” I don’t think I would fit into a Protestant, Anglican or Eastern Orthodox church.
I also have a tendency to agree with Judaism more than I do with the other Abrahamic religions, but this would in a hypothetical reality still be overruled by my Latin belief.
A proud homosexual (with an embarrassing period of heterosexual attempts) out to promote the gay agenda. [insert ominous score]
Erratic clinical depression and (borderline) agoraphobia. So. Much. Fun.
- Dutch (native);
- English (near-native);
- French (minimal);
- German (very minimal);
- Latin (have forgotten everything already).
- Equestrian sport, rode dressage for fourteen years (five to nineteen);
- Played tennis for four years, but to be honest I wasn’t all-that active;
- Attempted to play squash racquets from 2008 to 2010, and liked it a lot.
Social democrat, with liberal undertones (especially liberal when it comes to economics). On social matters and healthcare I’m most definitely a far-left-leaning social democrat/socialist.
However, even though I have social-democratic and liberal political ideas, I’m still a fervent supporter of the Dutch monarchy (and constitutional monarchies in general).
Just a warning: I am absolutely not a conservative; call me that and you’ll be smacked around good!
- Netherlands: Labour Party (Partij van de Arbeid);
- France: Socialist Party (Parti Socialiste);
- United Kingdom: Labour;
- European Union: Party of European Socialists.
- United States: Democratic Party.
The Golden Few dominate my listening habits: Eartha Kitt, Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli, and Mariah Carey. Others include: Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, and Taylor Swift (sensing a pattern here?).
I mostly listen to R&B and pop music, in addition to musical soundtracks, classical music, pop/jazz, and soul.
As of January 6, 2012:
- Gone With the Wind
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
- The Hurt Locker
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Monty Python’s Life of Brian
- My Dinner with Andre
A Woman Under the Influence
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
The King’s Speech
A Single Man
- There Will Be Blood
- Funny Girl
All About Eve
On Golden Pond
- Star Wars
The Little Mermaid
West Side Story
Waking Sleeping Beauty
- As Good As It Gets
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
The Princess Bride
Kiki’s Delivery Service
No Country for Old Men
Driving Miss Daisy
I’ve got a beautiful MacBook Pro 15″ with Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion). Death to Windows!
Since July 26, 2011, I’m carrying a BlackBerry Torch 9800 around. Let’s see if it’s as good as:
… the BlackBerry Bold 9700 I enjoyed up to July, 2011. It never really let me down, though the battery life could have been significantly improved.
Before my Bold, I had an awesome Nokia E71, a Palm Treo 680, two Motorola V3is plus one predecessor, the Motorola V3, and before that a whole bunch of Nokias.
Only iPods here! Currently: iPod Touch 64 GB with the following inscription: “Speak Mephastophilis, What means this show?”; and an iPod Classic 80GB Black (though I almost never use that one anymore).